Taste test: This version of halvah came in a small candy bar-size bar, and it contained strictly the halvah with no chocolate coating, but with a bit of chocolate mixed in for the marble look.
Halvah is made from sweetened crushed sesame, but it sure doesn't taste like sesame to me. It's dense and has sort of a crumbly, mortar-like texture. I ate a lot of halvah as a kid (served from cut-up pieces of a much larger bar, usually with the chocolate coating) and I always liked it, and I still liked it with this one.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Just mildly sweet, not much of a chocolate smell.
From the package: “A Delicious Sesame Treat”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Joyva Corp.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Cannoli Chips Powdered Sugar
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road