Taste test: This version of halvah came in a small candy bar-size bar, and it contained strictly the halvah with no chocolate coating, but with a bit of chocolate mixed in for the marble look.
Halvah is made from sweetened crushed sesame, but it sure doesn't taste like sesame to me. It's dense and has sort of a crumbly, mortar-like texture. I ate a lot of halvah as a kid (served from cut-up pieces of a much larger bar, usually with the chocolate coating) and I always liked it, and I still liked it with this one.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Just mildly sweet, not much of a chocolate smell.
From the package: “A Delicious Sesame Treat”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Joyva Corp.
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Sesame Snacks (82 snacks)
- Havla (7 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2010
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road