Taste test: This box contained a bag holding a bunch of wafer bars, not conjoined like most wafer bars, but instead coated in chocolate and coconut and piled randomly in a bag. The bars were short and stubby, with a bumpy, lumpy milk chocolate exterior — kind of like volcanic rock, and thus the lava name. (The previous box of Icelandic chocolate-and-coconut wafer bars that we reviewed, ÆÐI alltaf gott í bitum, combined essentially the same elements, but had a thinner chocolate coating and lacked the irregular surfaces.)
We crunched in to find that inside the coating were four wafer layers and three chocolate creme layers. All together, that made for a lot of chocolate, a light wafer crunch and a hint of coconut (less of it to taste than to see). We shared these around with some snackers who had just done an intense workout on stadium stairs, and people seemed thrilled with the taste. Great!
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice milk chocolate smell, maybe a hint of coconut.
From the package: “Milk chocolate coconut wafers”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Iceland (15 reviews)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Wafer bars (137 snacks)
- Coconut (63 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road