Taste test: This mix of of Hot Tamales was quite a departure from previous versions, as it offered three very different flavors, each in an entirely different colors, in the same box. Hot Tamales are best known for the original kind, which offers just one type of hot cinnamon candy. This wasn't the first kind with 3 varieties in the same box, as 3 alarm used different shades of red to reflect different heat levels, but they were all cinnamon-flavored.
The three flavors were described as Mango Tango (kind of reddish pink), Limon Fever (light green) and Pineapple Picante (peach colored). All three kinds had marble surfaces with some darker accents, kind of like jelly beans. We bit in to find that they were fairly soft and quite chewy. They had good fruit flavors with a middling level of heat. There wasn't a huge amount of heat from eating just one, but eating several in a row did add to the kick. Limon Fever ones seemed to be hotter than the other two kinds. We shared these around with some snackers during a musical performance at a bar and got lots of thumbs-ups.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not much.
From the package: “Chewy Spicy Tropical Flavored Candies” ... “140 calories per serving | 3.5 servings per package” ... “Hot Tamales® Tropical Heat™ erupts with three spicy tropical flavors that will heat up your taste buds!”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Just Born Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- All Hot Tamales (11 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Fruit Snacks (444 snacks)
- Soft Candy (68 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Gluten Free Oreo
- Nestlé Breakaway Original
- Today Karamel Waffle
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road