Hot Tamales Soft & Chewy Bites
Taste test: This version of Hot Tamales did away with the usual medicine capsule shape, instead looking like half-inch sections of braided licorice — though noticeably thicker than a typical Twizzler.
I bit in to find a definite Twizzler-like texture, with a flavor that borrowed from Hot Tamales, but with much less intensity than any of the actual Hot Tamales varieties we've reviewed. As the minor amount of hot cinnamon that was there wore off, the remaining taste was a whole lot like a Twizzler. A bit underwhelming in the Hot Tamales taste department.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: The usual intense spicy cinnamon smell of Hot Tamales. Nice.
From the package: “Fat free” ... “Fierce Cinnamon” ... “90 calories per serving/4 servings per package” ... “There's lots to love about these the delicious licorice bites – like their soft, chewy texture and oh-so-sweet taste. We've even kicked them up a notch by adding our signature Fierce Cinnamon flavor to get your taste buds jumping!” ... “Hot Tamales® and the Hot Tamales® Fire Ball Character are registered trademarks of Just Born, Inc.” ... “Candy made in the USA from domestically and globally sourced ingredients.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Dollar Tree. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Trolli Sour Brite Llamas
- Cheetos Flavor Shots Cheddar Jalapeño Asteroids
- Pocky Choco Mint
- Bronoir Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie
- StarKist Creations Microwavables Tuna Latin Citrus
- Elite Caramel
- Passatempo Sabor Chocolate
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road