Taste test: This special version of Hot Tamales had two different flavors mixed in the same box, with light green ones promising Apple flavor and bright red ones being Spicy Cinnamon.
First I tried each kind separately. The green ones had a good apple taste, not sour but like a real apple, and not overly sweet either. The red ones seemed to be just standard Hot Tamales (which I happen to like a lot).
Next step was to try them both at once. When I did, the apple flavor dominated initially, then the cinnamon strengthened after that, for a nice mix of hot-pepper sweet cinnamon and sweet apple. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Just the slightest, slightest sweet cinnamon smell.
From the package: “Chewy Spicy Cinnamon and Apple Flavored Candies” ... “Gluten Free” ... “Fat Free” ... “150 calories per serving 3.5 servings per package”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Just Born Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- All Hot Tamales (11 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1022 snacks)
- Cinnamon Snacks (155 snacks)
- Apple Snacks (76 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
- Señorial Bolitas Queso
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road