Taste test: I've noticed in some of the other Hot Tamales varieties that the level of "hot" in the cinnamon candies varies a lot from one piece to the next, but with this box, they've actually touted the fact that the pieces have different heat levels, while color-coding the pieces.
The orange pieces were described as "hot" as they shared the box with medium "hotter" red ones and "hottest" dark red ones. The orange "hot" ones did taste good, but they were not hot at all, with tasty, mild cinnamon but no kick whatsoever. The "hotter" ones had some good kick, and the "hottest" ones were indeed quite hot. It was easy to tell the orange ones from the two red kinds, but visually distinguishing the two shades of red was tougher. The different colors and levels of heat made this mix fun to eat.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not much.
From the package: “Hot Tamales® 3 Alarm explodes with three intense spicy cinnamon flavor that deliver increasing levels of heat — hot, hotter and hottest!”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Just Born Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Candy Addict, Tempe, Arizona. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road