Taste test: After reviewing several variations of the original Hot Tamales, I finally got my hands on a box of the original (or at least the first box I remember) to do a formal review and fill a gaping hole in the confusing lineup.
When I tried the retro box, there was a strange variation in heat level from one piece to the next. The Fierce and Fire kinds seemed hot, but not necessarily hotter than the original kind that I remembered. As for this box, it seemed like the same thing as the retro box, with some pieces being purely the sweet cinnamon taste, while others had significant kick. So I'm still confused about the differences between the various versions, but I sure do like to eat them.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not much.
From the package: “Chewy Cinnamon Flavored Candies” ... “America's Favorite Cinnamon Candy”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Just Born Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
- Lay's White Rabbit Rich Toffee
- Lay's Oyster Vermicelli
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Chili + Lime
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road