Taste test: This thin bar had the same overall shape and 4x3 section grad as the standard Hershey's bar, with the Hershey's logo atop each section, but like many recent Reese's products, it promised to have Reese's Pieces embedded inside. (Almost 15 years ago, we reviewed a bar with a similar concept, the M-Azing Peanut Butter Bar, which put "peanut butter-flavored M&M's" inside a chocolate bar. It looked amazing but tasted just OK.)
There were indeed such Pieces, in their customary orange, yellow and brown colors, thought they appeared to be of a miniature variety. Some of the Pieces were slightly visible through the chocolate surfaces, in such muted colors that it didn't look super cool like the M-Amazing bar. But this was a better bar to eat. The shells of the Pieces added a slight crunchiness, and the taste had a very nice combination of milk chocolate and peanut butter — different from a Reese's cup but quite good for itself.
Shop: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good chocolate and PB smell, but different from a Reese's cup.
From the package: “The orange color is a registered trademark.”
Online store: Buy Reese’s on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (81 snacks)
- All Hershey's (84 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (348 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road