Hershey-ets Santa bag
Taste test: When I spotted this snack alongside a similarly shaped reindeer-decorated bag of Reese's Pieces, I assumed this was also a bag of Reese's Pieces, and indeed I believed this right up until I was ready to open it up to eat and review.
It turned out that it wasn't Reese's Pieces or Reese's anything, but rather apparently a Hershey's version of M&Ms's called "Hershey-ets." (This was a rookie mistake — I should have realized that Reese's Pieces don't come in red.) The bag had Santa's face on the front and was filled with all red pieces similar in shape and size to M&M's, but with no markings to replace the M's.
I ate a handful to find a good taste, typical of Hershey's milk chocolate, with a light crunch from the candy coating. If I had known that these were chocolate ahead of time, I might have mixed them with that Reese's reindeer bag. However, I had finished off that bag the day before, so the opportunity was lost. The cone-shaped bag had me spilling candy on the floor far more than happens with a regular M&M's bag, so the package itself didn't work so well.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not much.
From the package: “Partially produced with genetic engineering. For more about GMO ingredients, visit SharingWhatsInside.com”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Hershey's (84 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Holiday-themed snacks (88 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road