Taste test: Another new M&M's flavor, and I took the "Hazelnut Spread" name to mean that it was supposed to taste like Nutella, without officially licensing the name. The color assortment was fairly standard M&M's, with yellow, blue, orange, brown and green.
I bit in to find a soft feel and a taste that was indeed a great match for Nutella, with both chocolate and hazelnut quite noticeable. The picture on the package showed a central filling within a layer of chocolate, and when I bit in to check out the cross-section, this was confirmed, but the surprise was that the central part was considerably lighter than the chocolate — lighter than pictured, lighter than Nutella and with a color much like peanut butter. Also, that filling was not liquidy as was pictured, so they may have taken some poetic license to reference the Nutella theme. Still, they got the flavor right.
Shop: Buy M&M's at Amazon #ad
Smell test: Maybe a hint of hazelnut, but mostly chocolate.
From the package: “190 calories per pack” ... “Partially produced with genetic engineering.”
Online store: Buy M&M's at Amazon #ad
Company: Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Walgreen's. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Cannoli Chips Powdered Sugar
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road