Taste test: Another new M&M's flavor, and I took the "Hazelnut Spread" name to mean that it was supposed to taste like Nutella, without officially licensing the name. The color assortment was fairly standard M&M's, with yellow, blue, orange, brown and green.
I bit in to find a soft feel and a taste that was indeed a great match for Nutella, with both chocolate and hazelnut quite noticeable. The picture on the package showed a central filling within a layer of chocolate, and when I bit in to check out the cross-section, this was confirmed, but the surprise was that the central part was considerably lighter than the chocolate — lighter than pictured, lighter than Nutella and with a color much like peanut butter. Also, that filling was not liquidy as was pictured, so they may have taken some poetic license to reference the Nutella theme. Still, they got the flavor right.
Shop: Buy M&M's at Amazon #ad
Smell test: Maybe a hint of hazelnut, but mostly chocolate.
From the package: “190 calories per pack” ... “Partially produced with genetic engineering.”
Online store: Buy M&M's at Amazon #ad
Company: Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All M&M's (55 snacks)
- Chocolate (1810 snacks)
- Soft Candy (68 snacks)
- Hazelnut Snacks (51 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road