Harry Potter Chocolate Frog
Taste test: This unusually shaped chocolate bar attempted to recreate the candy that Harry, Ron and Hermione got to chase around during their first ride on the Hogwarts Express. The first surprise for me was when I checked the package to see which company made it. I know Jelly Belly has sold Bernie Bott's All Flavor Beans, but I didn't know that they make any sort of chocolate bars. Clearly, they do. But it wasn't made in the same Jelly Belly factory that I took a tour of, as that's in California, not Thailand where this was made.
The package was about the size of a pack of baseball cards (but thicker in the middle), and indeed it said that it included some sort of collectible card. I opened it to find 3D Dumbledore card wrapped in a clear plastic, plus one chocolate frog that looked like a Nestle Crunch bar from the bottom, with Rice Krispies jutting through the flat bottom surface. The top of the frog had a good level of detail, with a fairly typical frog size. It stayed still, not running around like the one in the movie. I crunched in to find that those Rice Krispies provided quite a lot of crunch, and the chocolate was good — no complaints about milk chocolate here — but nothing special as chocolate goes.
Shop: Buy Jelly Belly on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very slight chocolate smell, nothing special.
From the package: “Product of Thailand” ... “This product supports responsible cocoa farming.” ... “Manufactured in a plant owned and operated by a subsidiary of Jelly Belly Candy Company, One Jelly Belly Lane, Fairfield, CA 94533 USA.”
Online store: Buy Jelly Belly on Amazon #ad
Company: Jelly Belly Candy Company
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Thailand (75 reviews)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (395 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road