Haribo Twin Snakes
Taste test: This new one from Haribo brought snake shapes to the gummy world — and not just snakes, but conjoined ones! The clever trick here was that each pair of snakes combined one sweet flavor with a sour one. Each snake had sort of a cobra-like head, and the pairs were joined in two places. Eating aside, they were fun to play with, as the snakes could be stretched quite a bit, but once released, they returned the original shapes.
As for the flavors of the snake pairs, sour Cherry (oddly, purple, not red!) was paired with sweet Orange; sweet Apple with sour Lemon; and sweet Blueberry with sour Blackcurrant. I first tried some by separating the two snakes and eating them individually, and it was then that I noticed how odd some of the flavors were. For example, the Apple was sweet, and the Lemon sour, which sort of matches the actual fruits but goes against how they're usually done in candy. In that form, both flavors were fairly bold. Skipping the separation and eating them both at once provided a more balanced experience. Fun to play with, and good for eatin' too!
Shop: Buy gummies on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Fairly typical fruity gummy smell.
From the package: “I'm sssour” ... “I'm sssweet” ... “Made in Germany” ... “The happy world of Haribo™”
Online store: Buy gummies on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Germany (60 reviews)
- Fruit Snacks (444 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (395 snacks)
- Gummy Candies (70 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Gluten Free Oreo
- Nestlé Breakaway Original
- Today Karamel Waffle
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road