Taste test: These candies from Haribo really did closely resemble raspberries, with reasonably similar shapes and bumps all over the exteriors — but there were no stems, and the bumps seemed smaller than most rapberries I've seen. They came in red and black versions, with small spherical candies forming the bumps on the outside, and a gummy substance on the inside.
The taste was quite good, similar to raspberries, though far less juicy, with a mild crunch from the small bumpy exteriors.
In order to determine whether the red and black ones tasted the same or different, I kept alternating between the two types. At times it seemed like they were exactly the same, but at other times, I thought the red ones were more sweet and the black ones more tart. In the end, I just wasn't sure. (Because I just couldn't figure this out, I ended up eating a lot of each, way more pieces than I had planned.)
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild, but really does smell like raspberries!
From the package: “Kids and grown-ups love it so.” ... “Made in Turkey”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Turkey (79 reviews)
- Fruit Snacks (439 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (389 snacks)
- Gummy Candies (66 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Karl's Sausage Kitchen & European Market. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road