Taste test: This chocolate bar boasted probably the most tempting combination of fillings ever, as it contained both potato chips and bacon — either of which we could eat all day long. The bar consisted of just six sections, each the full width of the bar, with Hammond's H logo on each section, along with diagonal lines that alternated direction for each section.
We crunched in to find lots of great milk chocolate taste with some occasional crunch that could have been either the bacon or the chocolate. It was hard to tell, because we could not taste much of either. There wasn't really anything that looked to be obviously either of those to be seen in the profile of a broken-off section. As we ate more, we could taste occasional hints of bacon, which was nice — and kind of a relief, given the first impression. But it seems that Hammond's went very much for subtlety here, not loading up the chocolate bar with all that much of either of the featured fillings. We needed much more of both.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Only chocolate. Couldn't smell any bacon or potato.
From the package: “Milk chocolate with crispy bacon bits & potato chips”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Hammond's Candies
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (2036 snacks)
- Chocolate (1826 snacks)
- Bars (963 snacks)
- Bacon Flavor Snacks (141 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Cadbury 5 Star 3D
- Corn Nuts Crunch Mix Fiery Hot
- Torku Tatkrak Baharatlı Kraker
- Royalty Ginger Nuts
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road