Trader Joe's Gummy Tummies Penguins
Taste test: The gummy penguins in this bag were fairly large and had quite a few details on their surfaces, but they kind of looked more like Barney the Dinosaur than penguins. The big promise here was that they had some sort of liquidy centers, with cherry, lime or strawberry depending on which piece. All of the pieces seems to be the same color, from the outside at least, kind of a transparent light purple.
I bit in to my first piece to find that it was obviously one of the lime ones. There was lots of lime, and the whole thing was quite soft, but the filling didn't really seem liquidy. I tried a few more and got strawberry and cherry ones, which tasted better than the lime one, with the same texture. We shared these around with a large group of post-exercise snackers, and most people liked the taste a lot and had fun eating them, but a small minority (possibly all of whom had the lime ones) were quite repulsed by the taste.
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very pungent on the first whiff!
From the package: “Soft Candy with Cherry, Lime and Strawberry natural flavors” ... “Trader Joe's penguin shaped dummies have a soft spot for you. There are three natural flavors of cherry, lime and strawberry and each Gummy Tummie had a fluid, fruity center that pleasantly melts in your mouth. They are made in France especially for us.” ... “Product of France” ... “Store in a cool and dry place.”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from France (8 reviews)
- Fruit Snacks (444 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (395 snacks)
- Gummy Candies (70 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Gluten Free Oreo
- Nestlé Breakaway Original
- Today Karamel Waffle
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road