Guinness Luxury Milk Chocolate Solid Bar
Taste test: We were quite surprised a few years back to find potato chips bearing the Guinness logo, and this candy bar was equally unexpected.
The large chocolate bar had a 2x6 grid of large, rectangular, domed sections. The wrapper promised that the milk chocolate was flavored with Guinness beer, so it wasn't supposed to be your usual chocolate bar at all.
I broke off two sections and bit in to find that they had a soft feel, fairly melty but also kind of waxy. The beer flavoring attempt definitely altered the usual milk chocolate taste, but it didn't taste strongly of beer either. There maybe some hint of Guinness, but I just didn't find it to be a great combination with chocolate or enhancement to the milk chocolate. A weird one.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild milk chocolate smell, with a hint of beer.
From the package: “With the delicious taste of Guinness®” ... “Creamy milk chocolate lightly flavoured with wonderfully complex notes of Guinness® beer to create a bitter sweet chocolate experience” ... “The Guinness word and associated logos are trade marks of Guinness & Co. and are used under license.” ... “This product is intended for purchase and enjoyment by people of legal purchase age for alcohol beverages.” ... “This product contains less than 0.5% alcohol.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Guinness (4 snacks)
- Snacks from Ireland (110 reviews)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Alcohol-themed Snacks (58 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road