Guinness Caramel Chocolate
Taste test: This large chocolate bar had a 6x2 grid of large sections, with smooth, domed tops bearing neither the Guinness logo, nor that of the chocolate actual maker, Ireland's Lir Chocolates. It promised to contain beer-flavored caramel within the milk chocolate. Beer-flavored caramel? That's a whole new thing for me!
I bit in to my first section to find that the filling was fairly thin, liquidy as promised and noticeably much darker than your standard caramel filling — and different from what was pictured on the package, which showed a more standard caramel color of filling. It didn't taste much like caramel, but I did notice a hint of Guinness beer, albeit in a vastly sweeter, creamier form. Whatever it was that I was tasting, I liked it. Some of the alcohol-laced chocolates take things a bit too far for me, but this one kept it very mild. The filling went very well with the smooth, creamy milk chocolate (and with the cold milk that I had on hand).
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild caramel and chocolate smell, maybe a hint of beer.
From the package: “Soft smooth flowing caramel flavored with Guinness® Beer and set an a creamy milk chocolate bar” ... “Estd 1759” ... “Silky Smooth” ... “This product is intended for purchase and enjoyment by people of legal purchase age for alcohol beverages.” ... “This product contains less than 0.5% alcohol.” ... “Made in Ireland”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Ireland (110 reviews)
- Chocolate (1779 snacks)
- Bars (943 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (337 snacks)
- Alcohol-themed Snacks (58 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Lucky Shamrock, Quincy, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road