Green & Black's Organic Maya Gold Organic Bittersweet Dark Chocolate with Orange and Spices
Taste test: As a milk chocolate eater who likes orange juice but doesn't normally consume it together with chocolate, I wasn't sure I'd like this candy bar, which combined dark chocolate with orange.
Upon first biting in, it tasted OK but far short of great, as the flavors just didn't seem to go together. But as I grabbed additional sections of this large bar and ate them, the taste grew on me. The flavor got more tolerable and even borderline desirable the more I ate. I'd still grab a milk chocolate bar over this any day of the week, but as a diversion into more sophisticated (or, as Homer Simpson would say, sophistimicated) chocolates, this was a good find.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of like dark chocolate and orange peels.
From the package: “Manufactured in a factory that handles tree nuts, wheat and milk ingredients.” ... “Green & Black's is certified organic by the California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF)” ... “Made in Italy”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Green & Black's
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road