Taste test: This box contained chocolate-covered marshmallows from Germany, and they were wonderful.
What made them so good was the light marshmallow interior, which was 100% melty and not spongy at all, a meltier feel than any other marshmallow snack we've tried. The marshmallow was surrounded by a thin chocolate coating, with a thin, waffle-like cookie on one end. The pieces were shaped like a 3D version of the ghosts in Pac-Man, with a vertical tube, a rounded top and a bumpy bottom. The box contained three different kinds, distinguished only by the variety of chocolate coating — white, dark and milk chocolate. The surfaces were smooth and flawless, as a thin plastic tray kept the pieces from rubbing against each other. Delicious!
Can this review get any more positive? Yes, it can. Did we mention that there were 32 pieces in the box? (16 dark chocolate, 8 milk, 8 white.) Or they weren't at all messy to eat? In our area, these aren't readily available (we found them at a German specialty store) but we liked them enough that we'll say it's well worth your time to go and find some, even if that means a trip to Germany.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice mix of marshmallow and chocolate.
From the package: “32 Schokoladen-Schaumküsse” ... “fresh marshmallow • Mini têtes choco”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Germany (59 reviews)
- Chocolate (1729 snacks)
- Marshmallow snacks (129 snacks)
- Miniature versions of larger snacks (70 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Karl's Sausage Kitchen & European Market. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road