Taste test: Goldenberg's Peanut Chews are a Philadelphia-made candy that goes back many years, and indeed I first discovered them when I lived in Philadelphia.
But in recent years (since the acquisition by Just Born) they've been selling the product as Chew-Ets instead of Goldenberg's, for some reason. The good news is that they're once again selling them with the Goldenberg's name. The odd news is that they're apparently now selling them under both labels, as the store where I found these had both kinds (with identical ingredients and nutrition labels, I checked) lined up right next to each other in the candy section. The other good news is that these tasted as good as I remembered. The wrapper contained six pieces, each sort of a mini candy bar, with a very chewy peanut center and a dark chocolate outside, with more peanut taste than chocolate. The mix of tastes and textures worked well together and tasted great.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice peanut sand chocolate smell.
From the package: “Peanut Chews® candies have been a Philadelphia favorite since 1917. These chewy, chocolatey bites loaded with crunchy peanuts originally served as a WWI ration Bar. Today, Just Born continues the delicious candy making tradition started by the Goldenberg family more than 90 years ago.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Just Born Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Five Below. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road