Golden Lion Ginger Candy
Taste test: This bag contained large slices of ginger with kind of a pale yellow color mostly, but whiter around the edges and in other spots, for kind of a sugary look. The slices were fairly thick.
I bit in to find a soft feel and a surprisingly sweet taste, more sweet than ginger initially. After taking each bite, thin strands of ginger stuck out from the edge. More of the ginger flavor arrived in the aftertaste, as the ginger stayed while the sweetness wore off, but in balance, this seemed less gingery than other ginger candies — which was surprising because it was actually made from slices of ginger.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Middling-strength ginger smell. More pure ginger than sweet.
From the package: “Product of China” ... “Ingredients: Dried Ginger Slices, Sugar, Water, Sulphur Dioxide (sulfites)”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Blooming Import Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road