Taste test: By all appearances on the package, this was supposed to be the Godiva version of the Nestle Crunch bar, which was kind of surprising, as that seems a little bit lowbrow for Godiva.
The packaging for this large bar was certainly fancier, as it consisted of a cardboard sleeve surrounding a gold (color, anyway) foil wrapper. The bar was fairly thin and unlike the all-one-section Nestle Crunch, it had a 2x5 section grid, with alternating large sections bearing either the Godiva logo or their alternate logo of a naked Lady Godiva riding a horse. The crisp rice pieces were fairly small and seemed to be all lined up along the bottom of the bar. The chocolate tasted good, with just a mild crunch in most bites. Less crunchy than a Nestle Crunch, but the chocolate did seem to be a little bit smoother.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good rich milk chocolate smell.
From the package: “The ultimate crunchy chocolate experience – Godiva's signature smooth Belgian milk chocolate rolled with light crisped rice for the perfect crispy crunch. For over 80 years, our passion for perfection in all things chocolate has guided us on a wonderful epicurean adventure. Every Godiva chocolate experience is a journey in decadent delight and represents our commitment to craftsmanship and exceptional quality.” ... “Product of Germany”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Godiva Chocolatier Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Snacks containing cereal (158 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2011
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road