Taste test: These mid-sized spherical candies were dark red overall, with some lighter, orangish areas, sort of a cross between Red Hots (hot and round but not chewy) and Hot Tamales (chewy but medicine capsule-shaped).
I bit in to find that they were indeed chewy and packed lots of cinnamon and a good kick of heat. As with Hot Tamales, I just couldn't stop eating these. Other tasters had the same problem, as they kept going back to the bag for more. Thankfully, the folks at Gimbal's packed quite a lot of LavaBalls into the bag.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Fairly mild hot cinnamon type of smell.
From the package: “Chewy Hot Cinnamon Candy” ..."Molten Hot, Gimbal's LavaBalls are an eruption of Hot Cinnamon! Guaranteed to satisfy even the most serious fire eater. We dare you to experience the intense flavor, if you can stand the heat!”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Gimbal's Fine Candies
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
- Walkers Stax Original
- Alexander the Grape
- StarKist Bold Creations Premium Tuna with Rice & Beans
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road