Taste test: These mid-sized spherical candies were dark red overall, with some lighter, orangish areas, sort of a cross between Red Hots (hot and round but not chewy) and Hot Tamales (chewy but medicine capsule-shaped).
I bit in to find that they were indeed chewy and packed lots of cinnamon and a good kick of heat. As with Hot Tamales, I just couldn't stop eating these. Other tasters had the same problem, as they kept going back to the bag for more. Thankfully, the folks at Gimbal's packed quite a lot of LavaBalls into the bag.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Fairly mild hot cinnamon type of smell.
From the package: “Chewy Hot Cinnamon Candy” ..."Molten Hot, Gimbal's LavaBalls are an eruption of Hot Cinnamon! Guaranteed to satisfy even the most serious fire eater. We dare you to experience the intense flavor, if you can stand the heat!”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Gimbal's Fine Candies
Categories for this snack:
- Hot Snacks (1063 snacks)
- Cinnamon Snacks (161 snacks)
- Spherical Snacks (128 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2010
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road