Gianduia 1865 Creamy Chocolate
Taste test: This large, thin chocolate bar was quite a surprise.
Based on everything that I saw on the front of the package, I was expecting a fairly conventional milk chocolate bar, but it only took one bite for my taste buds to override my eyes and declare a major flavor to be hazelnut. I assumed at first that there was a mixup in packaging, but when I checked the back of the wrapper, it was clear that the hazelnut taste was by design.
The bar had a 2x4 section grid, with the Caffarel logo atop each section. It looked and felt like a milk chocolate bar, with no bits of hazelnut anywhere, but it did indeed taste like a blend of chocolate and hazelnuts, with a smooth and creamy texture. Very nice.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like hazelnut.
From the package: “Product of Italy” ... “Ingredients: Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Piedmont Hazelnuts, Chocolate Liquor, Dry Whole Milk, Almonds, Soy Lecithin (an emulsifier), Vanillin (artificial flavor).” ... “Since 1826 Caffarel has produced the finest chocolate at the foot of the Italian Alps. To create Gianduia chocolate we blend only the best cocoa beans with selected Italian hazelnuts for a velvety unique experience.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Ocean State Job Lot. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Lay's Zhou Hei Ya Spicy Braised Duck Neck
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Treats
- Speedy Choice Kettle Cooked Sweet Thai Chili Premium Waffle Chips
- Danix Choco-Choco
- Hide & Seek Black Bourbon Crème Sandwich Vanilla
- Krackjack Butter Masala
- Trolli Sour Watermelon Sharks
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road