Taste test: This square chocolate bar had a 4x4 grid of sections, with the tops of sections alternating between the Garoto logo and the Garoto mascot holding a candy bar bearing the Garoto logo.
There weren't any hazelnuts visible on top, but a bit of hazelnut did jut out from the bottom. The bar was very thick, and the indentations between sections weren't very deep, so it was a bit tough to break off sections — and even tougher to break them off cleanly. But the best news was that the chocolate was very good, with a rich milk chocolate taste enhanced by crushed hazelnuts that added nice flavor and crunch.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good milk chocolate smell
From the package: “Milk Chocolate with Hazelnuts”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Brazil (95 reviews)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Hazelnut Snacks (51 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2012
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Seabra Supermarket, formerly Mundial Market, formerly Gol! Supermarket, formerly Supermercado Brasileiro, Somerville, Mass. Review published May 2012.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road