Taste test: From the look of the box-like wrapper on this candy bar, it seemed like it would be another knockoff of Toblerone — and indeed it was in most ways — but when I unwrapped it, it clearly had some innovation of its own. Rather than just a series of mountain-shaped sections, this one featured two sets if alternating, interlocking, sawtooth triangle-shaped sections. It promised "almond-honey-nougat" within the milk chocolate, and that sure sounds like Toblerone.
There were tiny bits of almond showing through the chocolate, and when I broke off some sections, I could see lots of almond exposed in the cross-section. I bit in to find that the soft milk chocolate had some crunchiness from the almonds and chewiness from the nougat — it was really, really good! I think it was the quality of the milk chocolate that carried this one to greatness, but everything really worked well together for an excellent taste and texture. Mmmmm!
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild chocolate smell.
From the package: “Swiss Premium” ... “No. 1 in Switzerland” ... “Milk chocolate with almond-honey-nougat” ... “A product of Switzerland”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Switzerland (19 reviews)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Honey Snacks (154 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road