Taste test: This candy bar from Israel sounded a bit like the 100 Grand, promising puffed rice, caramel and milk chocolate, but they also added nougat to the mix. It didn't look like 100 Grand, as the top of the bar was smooth, not bumpy from the rice.
I bit in to find that although the rice wasn't out there affecting the shape of the bar, it was inside, providing some crunch. The structure had a thin caramel layer near the top, then the rice and nougat all mixed together for the rest of the interior, with milk chocolate covering the whole exterior.
The dominant flavor was the nougat, followed by the chocolate, then trailed considerably by the caramel. It was generally soft, save for the crunchy pieces, and fairly dense. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mild chocolate and caramel smell.
From the package: “Rice Crisps Nougat & Caramel Bar Covered in Milk Chocolate” ... “Product of Israel” ... “Serving size 1 Bar (40g) Calories per serving 200” ... “Specially produced by Megadim by Strauss Group Ltd.” ... “Dairy”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Israel (110 reviews)
- Chocolate (1751 snacks)
- Bars (933 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (334 snacks)
- Snacks containing cereal (152 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Baza Market, Newton, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Trolli Sour Brite Llamas
- Cheetos Flavor Shots Cheddar Jalapeño Asteroids
- Pocky Choco Mint
- Bronoir Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie
- StarKist Creations Microwavables Tuna Latin Citrus
- Elite Caramel
- Passatempo Sabor Chocolate
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road