Taste test: This candy bar from Israel sounded a bit like the 100 Grand, promising puffed rice, caramel and milk chocolate, but they also added nougat to the mix. It didn't look like 100 Grand, as the top of the bar was smooth, not bumpy from the rice.
I bit in to find that although the rice wasn't out there affecting the shape of the bar, it was inside, providing some crunch. The structure had a thin caramel layer near the top, then the rice and nougat all mixed together for the rest of the interior, with milk chocolate covering the whole exterior.
The dominant flavor was the nougat, followed by the chocolate, then trailed considerably by the caramel. It was generally soft, save for the crunchy pieces, and fairly dense. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mild chocolate and caramel smell.
From the package: “Rice Crisps Nougat & Caramel Bar Covered in Milk Chocolate” ... “Product of Israel” ... “Serving size 1 Bar (40g) Calories per serving 200” ... “Specially produced by Megadim by Strauss Group Ltd.” ... “Dairy”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Israel (116 reviews)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (344 snacks)
- Snacks containing cereal (158 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road