Taste test: This halva bar from Poland, whose named flavor translates as "Royal Delicacies," added raisins and peanuts to the basic halva recipe. This wouldn't seem so unusual in the snack world overall, as lots of things contain raisins and peanuts, but I've never seen raisins or peanuts — let alone both of them — inside halva.
The bar had a light beige color, with a few raisins showing through. I bit in to find a good crumbly halva texture, with a big textural change to chewy every time I encountered a raisin. The raisins added some sweetness too, and in the end I liked the combination of raisins and halva. I didn't notice the peanuts much at all.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good halva smell, raisins too.
From the package: “Sesame halva with peanuts and raisins”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Poland (93 reviews)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Raisins (76 snacks)
- Havla (7 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road