Donkey Balls Salty Balls
Taste test: These candies came with a very catchy name, but really they were milk chocolate-covered macadamia nuts with a coating of salt on the outside.
The pieces weren't all the same, as the balls came in a variety of sizes, though all were spherical. The larger ones were kind of a challenge to eat after popping the whole thing into the mouth, but the smaller ones were more manageable. The first impression was that these were indeed salty, as the salt, all concentrated on the exterior, definitely dominated to start. It was not crystals of salt like you'd see on the outside of a pretzel, but a much finer salt spread over the whole surface, and it turned out to be a much more intense kick of salt than you typically get in any kind of chocolate candy. Once the salt wore away, there was a very nice milk chocolate taste, and when out tasters got to the center, a crunchy macadamia nut. These were very expensive at $8 for an 8-oz. bag at what claimed to be a "factory outlet," but there were quite a few balls in the bag, and our tasters liked them a lot
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice milk chocolate smell.
From the package: “Chocolate covered macuts” ... “Nuts to you & chocolate too!” ... “Chocolate people sure are smart!”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Fine Ass Chocolate and Coffee
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Donkey Balls Factory Outlet, Kaaawa, Hawaii. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road