Taste test: These snacks were a lot like the Caramel Bites also made by Daelmans, except that each one was bigger and there were many more of them in the huge box. In fact, since this was a Costco package, the box contained six bags, with eight sandwiches per bag. That's a lot of waffles!
Each one consisted of two very thin waffles surrounding a caramel filling. The outside was crisp but soft enough to easily bite into, and the filling made everything nicely chewy. The back of the box recommended warming up each piece by holding it over a cup of coffee, but even without doing anything like that (who has time?), they were pretty spectacular. The caramel tasted great, with a nice hint of cinnamon. Excellent stuff, hard to resist eating one after another after another!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice caramel smell!
From the package: “48 soft, toasted waffles filled with caramel, cinnamon and real bourbon vanilla” ... “Warm It Up ... On Your Cup!™” ... “Sinds 1909” ... “Product of Holland”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from the Netherlands (18 reviews)
- Caramel Snacks (331 snacks)
- Sandwiches (268 snacks)
- Waffles (29 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Costco. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
- Walkers Stax Original
- Alexander the Grape
- StarKist Bold Creations Premium Tuna with Rice & Beans
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road