Taste test: These snacks were a lot like the Caramel Bites also made by Daelmans, except that each one was bigger and there were many more of them in the huge box. In fact, since this was a Costco package, the box contained six bags, with eight sandwiches per bag. That's a lot of waffles!
Each one consisted of two very thin waffles surrounding a caramel filling. The outside was crisp but soft enough to easily bite into, and the filling made everything nicely chewy. The back of the box recommended warming up each piece by holding it over a cup of coffee, but even without doing anything like that (who has time?), they were pretty spectacular. The caramel tasted great, with a nice hint of cinnamon. Excellent stuff, hard to resist eating one after another after another!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice caramel smell!
From the package: “48 soft, toasted waffles filled with caramel, cinnamon and real bourbon vanilla” ... “Warm It Up ... On Your Cup!™” ... “Sinds 1909” ... “Product of Holland”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from the Netherlands (19 reviews)
- Caramel Snacks (344 snacks)
- Sandwiches (284 snacks)
- Waffles (31 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2014
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road