Taste test: I'm not sure why Choxie called these "twisted" but they might have been referring to the wrappers around each individual piece, which were twisted at each end to hold them on.
Something else twisted about the packaging was the 1-inch-high false bottom cardboard insert, which made it look like the 3-3/4-inch high hexagonal package held more chocolate than it actually did. Anyway, inside each of those twisted wrappers was a ball-shaped truffle with a milk chocolate outside and a much darker-colored truffle filling. This brings up another problem with the packaging, which was that it showed a cut-away view of a truffle, and in that picture, both the filling and the coating had a similar milk chocolate type of color, not the vast contrast of colors that the actual candy had. Getting back to the truffles, they tasted pretty good, but it didn't really seem like a mocha taste. It didn't taste like just chocolate, but it really didn't taste much like coffee either.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: More like a chocolate liqueur than like mocha.
From the package: “exquisitely creamy truffles made from fresh-brewed coffee and the finest milk chocolate” ... “there's chocolate and then there's choxie. crafted with the finest ingredients, it's intended for the most sophisticated of chocolate palates. we suggest you keep it hidden from mere amateurs, and keep your choxie for yourself.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Company: Target Brands Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1762 snacks)
- Spherical Snacks (124 snacks)
- Coffee Snacks (37 snacks)
- Caffeinated Snacks (14 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Target. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Gingerbread Oreo (2020)
- Guinness Caramel Chocolate
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road