Chex Mix Bars Turtle
Taste test: These bars combined Chex cereal with peanuts, M&M's (or possibly imitation M&M's) and pretzels, with lots of caramel to hold everything together.
I've got to say, the results were awesome. The taste was every bit as delicious as any really good candy bar, maybe even more delicious. The inclusion of both chocolate and caramel was a key part of the success. I didn't actually realize that there were any peanuts until I noticed that it said so on the wrapper. The looks of the bars varied a lot from one to the next, as different elements ended up on the surfaces, with vast expanses of caramel visible on some surfaces. I don't know whether the many sweets in these bars negated any nutritional benefit of the cereal, but even if they did, I would be willing to eat these bars all day.
Shop: Buy Chex Mix on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly like caramel.
From the package: “Good source of whole grain” ... “Caramel-covered Chex® Pieces, Wheat Chex® Pieces, Chocolate, Peanuts, Pretzels”
Online store: Buy Chex Mix on Amazon #ad
Company: General Mills
Categories for this snack:
- All Chex Mix (37 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (344 snacks)
- Snacks containing cereal (157 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2008
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road