Chex Mix Bars Turtle
Taste test: These bars combined Chex cereal with peanuts, M&M's (or possibly imitation M&M's) and pretzels, with lots of caramel to hold everything together.
I've got to say, the results were awesome. The taste was every bit as delicious as any really good candy bar, maybe even more delicious. The inclusion of both chocolate and caramel was a key part of the success. I didn't actually realize that there were any peanuts until I noticed that it said so on the wrapper. The looks of the bars varied a lot from one to the next, as different elements ended up on the surfaces, with vast expanses of caramel visible on some surfaces. I don't know whether the many sweets in these bars negated any nutritional benefit of the cereal, but even if they did, I would be willing to eat these bars all day.
Shop: Buy Chex Mix on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly like caramel.
From the package: “Good source of whole grain” ... “Caramel-covered Chex® Pieces, Wheat Chex® Pieces, Chocolate, Peanuts, Pretzels”
Online store: Buy Chex Mix on Amazon #ad
Company: General Mills
Categories for this snack:
- All Chex Mix (37 snacks)
- Chocolate (1753 snacks)
- Bars (935 snacks)
- Nuts (507 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (334 snacks)
- Snacks containing cereal (154 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Costco. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Cannoli Chips Powdered Sugar
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road