Cheetos Sweetos Caramel Puffs
Taste test: When the original cinnamon flavor of Sweetos was announced, it was big news, earning headlines as the first-ever sweet version of Cheetos. They were quite good, but they didn't exactly change the world as much as some expected. As a Chief Snacks Officer, I have a pretty good memory for snacks, but when I saw this new flavor on the snack shelf of my 5th-favorite supermarket, I was only about 70% sure it was a new flavor ... until I noticed the bag of cinnamon ones right next to it.
This version had the same shapes as the originals, apparently intended to look like Easter Eggs. (At least that was the explanation on the original, as Chester had his Easter bunny costume on. This time, dunno why.) They had a similar color, kind of a slightly golden beige. I crunched in to find a soft feel with good crispness, with a nice mix of corn and caramel to taste. Sweet, but not overly so, very good!
Shop: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice buttery caramel smell. Sweet!
From the package: “Try new Cheetos® Sweetos® Caramel Puffs for a taste of rich, melted caramel in one delicious puff.”
Online store: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Cheetos (113 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (395 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (344 snacks)
- Non-cheese Puffs (129 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published March 2017.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road