Taste test: This extra-long candy bar measured about 8 inches in length.
It felt spongy upon biting in. The texture was different from the Charleston Chew bars that I remember eating as a kid, as those would tend to be denser, not as moist, chewier, and above all, very stretchy. The inside would stretch while the chocolate coating didn't, resulting in pieces of chocolate coating breaking off. This one didn't have any real stretch to it — though the inside was chewy, it wasn't that chewy, and you could easily bite off a piece with no consequences. The taste was decent, nothing spectacular, and the texture was nothing special, as the super-chewy texture that Charleston Chew used to have was not in evidence at all.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Really nice. Wow.
From the package: “Chewy flavored nougat with a delicious chocolatey coating”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road