Casili Original Schoko-Bananen
Taste test: This box contained 12 vaguely banana-shaped items, each consisting of a candied banana filling coated in chocolate.
I say "vaguely banana-shaped" because they did have a curvature similar to a banana, but they were about half the length of your typical banana, flat but textured on the bottom, with a domed top. Considering that banana puree was just one ingredient among many sugar-sounding ingredients, these were pretty good, as they had a pretty good banana taste without being super-sweet. Personally, I find plenty of sweetness in a perfectly ripe banana without the need for any sweeteners, but this wasn't a bad taste, as it didn't seem all that fake. The texture was nice, as the filling was less dense than an actual banana, and the taste was a nice mix between the banana filling and the chocolate. The chocolate didn't melt on my fingers at all, so that was good. Some of our snackers liked them, while others thought they were too sweet. Some said they liked them on the first bite, but then ended up eating only half of a piece.
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild mix of chocolate and banana,
From the package: “natürlich mit Chiquita™ bananen” ... “fruchtig zart” ... “Made in Austria” ... “Sugar, Glucose Fructose Syrup, Chocolate Liquor, Banana Puree, Cocoa Butter, Sorbitol (an humectant), Gelati, Agar-Agar (stabilizer), Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Soy Lecithin (an emulsifier), Wheat Starch, Natural Colored with Curcumin.”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Austria (4 reviews)
- Chocolate (1805 snacks)
- Fruit Snacks (444 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2012
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road