Taste test: This candy bar from South Africa had a lumpy-looking milk chocolate exterior, with a flat bottom, and it was fairly long at a bit over 5 inches
I bit in to find that despite that lumpiness, this was a bar with some structural integrity — it kind of fought back when I tried to bite in. A cross-section revealed that there was a two-layer wafer bar in the center (which seemed to be the internal structure providing that integrity), surrounded by caramel, crisp rice and crushed peanuts
The taste was quite nice, as all of the elements mixed well, with the milk chocolate and caramel being the most dominant tastes, but with a much different overall flavor than a just-chocolate-and-caramel bar. The texture was quite varied, as there was chewiness from the caramel and varying types of crunches from the wafers, nuts and rice. All of those crunchy things made for a potentially messy eat, as there were bits of stuff that could go flying in all directions if I didn't eat it very carefully right out of the wrapper. A good one!
Shop: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice caramel, chocolate and peanuts smell. Mmmmmmm!
From the package: “Milk Chocolate Crammed with Wafer Biscuit, Caramel, Peanuts & Crisped Rice” ... “Contains cows milk, peanuts, wheat (gluten), soya. May contain tree nuts.” ... “Made in South Africa by Mondelez South Africa (PTY) Ltd.” ... “Ready to eat”
Online store: Buy chocolate on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Cadbury (50 snacks)
- Snacks from South Africa (5 reviews)
- Chocolate (1730 snacks)
- Nuts (506 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (331 snacks)
- Snacks containing cereal (149 snacks)
- Wafer bars (128 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Lynton Karfor in South Africa. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Sweet & Spicy
- Jack Link's White Meat Chicken Tender Bites Original
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Mini Crullers Original Glazed
- Trader Joe's Organic Milk Chocolate Truffle
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road