Taste test: This candy from Mexico had a shape unlike any other candy bar that we've reviewed, as it was basically four conjoined circles, each about an inch in diameter, lined up. The outside was all chocolate, with gradually sloping edges and a flat bottom.
I bit in to find a soft feel and a nice mix of strawberry and chocolate. The profile of the bar revealed a white marshmallow interior bottom and red strawberry jelly top. There wasn't a whole lot of marshmallow flavor, and the marshmallow didn't add any major sponginess to the texture. The mix of flavors and soft feel was quite good. Sweetened strawberry was the dominant flavor, and the thin chocolate coating mixed well with it.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mildly fruity chocolate smell.
From the package: “Jalea sabor fresa, malvavisco y cobertura sabor chocolate”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Mexico (126 reviews)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Fruit Snacks (444 snacks)
- Marshmallow snacks (135 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road