Taste test: This candy corn mix ambitiously promised to deliver six different Thanksgiving meal flavors — green beans, roasted turkey, cranberry sauce, ginger glazed carrot, sweet potato pie and stuffing — each with a different color combination, but all sharing the standard candy corn shape.
A color key on the bag would have been nice, but there was none, so aside from the bright green ones being obvious green beans, I just had to eat some to identify flavors. As it turned out, the turkey and stuffing ones were spot-on flavors (with extra sweetness because they're candy corn) but the rest were fairly dicey. The green ones did not taste like green beans. A hint of ginger gave away the glazed carrot, but really I could not taste any carrot. As for cranberry sauce and sweet potato pie, they seem to have missed the meal.
All in all, this might not quite replace your Thanksgiving dinner, but I'll offer high praise for the turkey and stuffing flavors.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sweet, but the combination of all the different flavors didn't smell like anything in particular.
From the package: “Taste the joy of everyday moments with our a rich variety of deliciously crafted confections. Share a little, or a lot, and make your memories sweeter.” ... “Product of Mexico”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Ferrera Candy Co.
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Mexico (124 reviews)
- Vegetable Chips (147 snacks)
- Ginger Snacks (56 snacks)
- Turkey Snacks (15 snacks)
- Candy Corn (11 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Walgreen's. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road