Taste test: This candy corn mix ambitiously promised to deliver six different Thanksgiving meal flavors — green beans, roasted turkey, cranberry sauce, ginger glazed carrot, sweet potato pie and stuffing — each with a different color combination, but all sharing the standard candy corn shape.
A color key on the bag would have been nice, but there was none, so aside from the bright green ones being obvious green beans, I just had to eat some to identify flavors. As it turned out, the turkey and stuffing ones were spot-on flavors (with extra sweetness because they're candy corn) but the rest were fairly dicey. The green ones did not taste like green beans. A hint of ginger gave away the glazed carrot, but really I could not taste any carrot. As for cranberry sauce and sweet potato pie, they seem to have missed the meal.
All in all, this might not quite replace your Thanksgiving dinner, but I'll offer high praise for the turkey and stuffing flavors.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sweet, but the combination of all the different flavors didn't smell like anything in particular.
From the package: “Taste the joy of everyday moments with our a rich variety of deliciously crafted confections. Share a little, or a lot, and make your memories sweeter.” ... “Product of Mexico”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Ferrera Candy Co.
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Mexico (126 reviews)
- Vegetable Chips (151 snacks)
- Ginger Snacks (58 snacks)
- Turkey Snacks (17 snacks)
- Candy Corn (11 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road