Taste test: The wrapper of this bar promised peanuts, caramel, nougat and milk chocolate, so it looked to be a Trader Joe's knockoff of Snickers. The bar had roughly the same shape too. So Snickers was what I expected when I bit in.
It turned out to be quite different, as off-white nougat constituted the majority of the interior of the bar, with just a thin layer for caramel and peanuts on top. It was a good mix of tastes, with a lighter feel than Snickers, thanks to all of that nougat. There was far less caramel and peanuts than Snickers, so the overall taste didn't resemble Snickers much at all. A pretty good bar.
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A lot like a Snickers bar.
From the package: “With peanuts, caramel, and nougat enrobed in milk chocolate” ... “Contains milk, egg, soy, peanut. May contain traces of wheat.”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Caramel Snacks (344 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road