Taste test: This chocolate bar promised to include peanuts, pretzels, salt and hot peppers! It's the first one we're aware of with that particular combination.
I unwrapped it to find that they went old-school with the wrapper, providing separate paper and foil layers. The bar had six dome-topped sections, decorated with a series of parallel lines running perpendicular to the bar.
I bit in to find that the pretzel and peanuts were broken down into very small pieces within the bar, so they added just a bit in the way of crunch. The taste was mainly milk chocolate initially, and I couldn't really specifically taste the pretzels or peanuts. But after a short delay, the chili peppers kicked in too, for a nice mix of hot and sweet. I could notice a hint of saltiness too from the pretzels, peanuts and salt. Those three extremes — sweet, hot and salty — really worked well together for a very different and good taste. The hot peppers stayed around for a nice lingering aftertaste. Very good!
Shop: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Smell test: I could smell the peppers a bit within the chocolate.
From the package: “Creamy milk chocolate blended with dry roasted peanuts, pretzels, a pinch of sea salt and a kick of Hatch chili” ... “Belgian milk chocolate 32% cacao” ... “Partially produced with genetic engineering”
Online store: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Company: 7-Eleven, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1063 snacks)
- Bars (955 snacks)
- Pretzels (555 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (235 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road