Taste test: This latest in the ever-expanding array of Oreo products was a small bar consisting of a thick layer that appeared to be made from Oreo cookie material, topped with a thin layer of Oreo creme, and then coated with a very thin layer of milk chocolate.
I really liked the taste, as there was great mix of creme and chocolate that went well on its own or even better with some cold milk. The taste barely reminded me of Oreo cookies at all, but it was quite nice. There was no messiness either, as that Oreo cookie-looking layer didn't break into crumbs at all and was probably made from something else entirely. The only really unfortunate thing here involved the packaging. The box contained six individually wrapped bars. Each bar was about 3 inches long, but the wrappers were long enough to accommodate 4-inch bars. It's bad enough that 100-calorie bars have to be so small, but faking us out with a package designed for a larger bar was not a good move.
Shop: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good creme and chocolate smell, but not the same as Oreos.
From the package: “Enlarged to show texture”
Online store: Buy Oreos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Oreos (158 snacks)
- Chocolate (1812 snacks)
- Bars (957 snacks)
- 100 calorie packs (71 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2010
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Gluten Free Oreo
- Nestlé Breakaway Original
- Today Karamel Waffle
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road